cOOKING WITH wENZEL
Wenzel Muffin Cups
12 links Wenzel Breakfast Sausage
3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups shredded Wenzel smoked cheese
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
2 table spoons Wenzel Olive Oil
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F. 2) Combine potatoes, butter and black pepper; press onto bottoms and up sides for 12 muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. 3) Meanwhile fry sausage with 2 table spoons of Wenzel Olive oil and drain on paper towels. Cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices 4) Spoon sausage into potato cups. Whisk eggs in medium bowl until blended. Stir in cheese and red peppers: spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives. 5) Bake 13 to 15 min. or until centers are set.
Wenzel Smoked Sausage and Rice
- 2 tsp. Wenzel olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package WenZel smoked sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 and 1/4 cups white rice
- In a small saucepan, cook rice according to the package’s directions.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. Once the skillet is hot, add the oil. After the oil shimmers, add the sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onion, saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside with the sausage.
- Add the tomato paste and about 3/4 cup of chicken broth, whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions until combined. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
-For an “Italian” version, use Wenzel Italian sausage + 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Wenzel Italian Sausage Spaghetti
1 Pound pack of thin spaghetti 1 Pound of Wenzel Italian Sausage 1 24-28 oz jar Marinara Sauce 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 small white onion
Cook your spaghetti noodles as per package instructions
After removing the sausage from casing or 1 lb chub pack, cook in 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with your chopped onion. When both are lightly brown add your marinara sauce and stir in spices. Turn down and simmer for 30 minutes adding water to keep it consistent and not to dry.